Pickup trucks appear in hundreds of films and television shows every year. More often, they act as set pieces— unnoticeable bits of background.
However, sometimes, either because of a unique vision or due to sheer luck, a truck will break the mold and join the ranks of the famous pickups from film and television.
Famous Pickups From Film and Television
1963 Chevy C-10 in Twilight
Though opinions about the book and film series differ, most agree that the orange-red, rusted 1963 Chevy C-10 featured in the movie Twilight matches just right with its moody setting. Because of her world-weariness and strength, Bella is the perfect character to drive this pickup.
2007 GMC C4500 Topkick in Transformers
When you look at the 2007 GMC C4500, you can see why the Transformers filmmakers thought a giant robot person could feasibly unfold out of it. This massive beast maintains many of the benefits of driving a diesel truck, plus so much more.
It sports 40-inch tires, stainless steel step tubes, and chromes big-rig-style vertical exhaust stacks. The Topkick’s impressive body matches perfectly with its Transformers’ counterpart, the tough weapons expert Ironhide.
1994 Dodge Ram 1500 in Walker, Texas Ranger
Starting in the second season, Cordell Walker, portrayed by Chuck Norris, traded in his GMC for the Ram. The now-iconic vehicle featured four-wheel drive and an extended cab.
The dark silver and push bar, lights, and roll bar accentuated the vehicle’s dramatic presence. Norris drove the pickup for the rest of the series.
1995 Dodge Ram 2500 in Twister
Though the 90s-era special effects of this film do not necessarily live up to today’s entertainment expectations, the vehicles featured in Twister certainly do.
The 1995 Dodge Ram 2500 was already a hit before it made its big-screen debut. But as the vehicle that drives Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton through perilous weather, it earned its place among the famous pickups from film and television.
- The Weirdest Cars in Movie History – Sometimes, a car can be the biggest character in a film. Hundreds of movies feature plenty of high-performance vehicles (the Fast and the Furious series) or high-speed chase scenes (The Italian Job and The French Connection), but could you recognize them on the street?
- Cars Owned By Your Favorite Actors – Movies have made plenty of cars famous, from Back to the Future’s Delorean to the GT40 in Ford v Ferrari.
- Most Famous Cars From Movies Everyone Should Know – Various makes and models of vehicles have made their way into films, becoming the stars of the show and changing pop culture as we know it. Here are a few of the most famous cars from movies everyone should know.
- The Four Most Iconic Movie Cars of All-Time – Movies are full of iconic vehicles, and some became staples of many franchises from over the years. This may mostly have to do with the merchandising opportunities that come with putting a unique car on the big screen.
- 5 of the Best Movie Mustangs – The Ford Mustang is a notoriously well-known car. Since its inception in the 1960s, the Mustang has undergone some serious stylistic and performance changes.
- The Most Recognizable Jeeps From TV and Film History – Whether they’re driving from dinosaurs or hitmen, Jeeps are no strangers to either the big screen or the small screen.
- Best Car Restoration TV Shows Today – Television and movies are true works of art tailored to people of varying interests. In addition to films and TV shows are cooking shows, home remodeling shows, sporting events, and, of course, reality-based shows.
- 5 of the Best Motorcycle Racing Documentaries – There are tons of sports out there for any sort of interest. Motorsports are becoming increasingly popular with lots of great movies about these races.