If you are looking for great movies to watch during Black History Month, Women’s History month, or supplement at-home learning, you’ll want to check out these Jane Bolin movies.
Movies About Jane Bolin
This is the only movie we were able to find about Jane Bolin.
About Jane Bolin Printable
Judge Jane Bolin is ready to rule your week! Use this Jane Bolin Printable to meet Jane Bolin, the first black woman judge. Plus some facts about Jane. Create your own poem with the questions being provided by printing the material.
What is an acrostic poem?
Acrostic poetry is one in which the first letters of each line make out a word or phrase. The initial letters of each line are often used to spell the message, but they can occur wherever. These examples will show you how to utilize this form in a variety of ways.
What is Jane Bolin famous for?
Jane Matilda Bolin, who was born on April 11, 1908, was the first Black woman to be appointed as a judge in the United States. Mayor LaGuardia appointed Bolin, 31, to the New York City Domestic Relations Court in 1939. Jane Bolin’s interest in campaigning and social justice began in her infancy.
Who was Jane Bolin married to?
Jane Bolin married a lawyer, Ralph E. Mizelle, and the two practiced in New York. He died in 1943. In 1950, she married Walter P. Offutt Jr., a minister; he died in 1974.
What did Jane Bolin do for a living?
Jane Bolin was a trailblazing attorney who became the first African American female judge in the United States, sitting for four decades on New York’s Family Court.
She worked as an attorney in New York City with Mizelle. She soon took a position as Assistant Corporation Counsel at the New York City Corporation Counsel. Bolin was assigned to the Family Court. She represented petitioners who couldn’t afford to hire their own attorneys.
At what age did Jane Bolin become a judge?
Jane Bolin was sworn in as a judge of the New York City Domestic Relations Court, known as Family Court since 1962, on July 22, 1939, at the age of 31, becoming the country’s first Black female judge.
Books about Jane Bolin:
- Daughter of the Empire State: The Life of Judge Jane Bolin
- HistoricalFindings Photo: Justice Jane Bolin,First African-American Woman to Graduate from Yale Law School
- Presumed Criminal: Black Youth and the Justice System in Postwar New York
- Assault on Soho (The Executioner)
- Mastering The Business Of Your Association: No More Condo Commando
To continue this unit study, check out these Black History month writing prompts.
If you’d like to continue with a women’s history unit study, check out the “Her Story in History” packet, too.
See who is also on this list of 15 African Americans Who Changed History.
- All the Rosa Parks Movies Available
- 10 Black Women in History Through Black History Movies
- Movies About Women in Black History
- 20 Best Movies About Women on Netflix
- 20 Movies About Black History to Stream on Netflix
- 50 Women’s History Movies on Netflix
- Movies About Women’s Suffrage
- 10 Music Documentaries About Women on Netflix
- Beyond Reality: Fantasy Christmas Movies for the Imagination - November 30, 2023
- New on Max – December - November 29, 2023
- Laughing All the Way: Our Favorite Comedy Christmas Movies - November 29, 2023