Looking for Kids Black History Movies on Netflix? There are some great titles you can stream on Netflix. These are only some of the many great Black history movies for kids.
Kids Black History Movies on Netflix
Self Made: Inspired by the Life of Madam C.J. Walker
An African American washerwoman rises from poverty to build a beauty empire and become the first female self-made millionaire. Based on a true story. | Stream on Netflix
Kevin Hart highlights the fascinating contributions of black history’s unsung heroes in this entertaining — and educational — comedy special. | Stream on Netflix
Five teens (high schoolers) from Harlem become trapped in a nightmare when they're falsely accused of a brutal attack in Central Park. | Stream on Netflix
Classically trained pianist, dive-bar chanteuse, black power icon and legendary recording artist Nina Simone lived a life of brutal honesty, musical genius, and tortured melancholy. | Stream on Netflix
The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind
Lee Daniels' The Butler
In 1920s New York City, a Black woman finds her world upended when her life becomes intertwined with a former childhood friend who's passing as white. | Stream on Netflix
To continue learning, check out the Black History Research Unit.
People Also Ask:
Does Netflix have any movies about slavery?
There are so many educational slavery movies on Netflix. They feature nostalgic historical documentaries surrounding the trials of Black and African-American people during slavery in the 17th and 18th centuries. Don't miss 10 more of the best Slavery movies, too.
What's the latest black movie on Netflix?
- Beasts of No Nation (2015)
- Uncorked (2020)
- Beats (2019)
- The Black Godfather (2019)
- Quincy (2018)
- The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind (2019)
- ReMastered: The Two Killings of Sam Cooke (2019)
- See You Yesterday (2019)
What are some good movies to watch with a 10 year old?
- Anne of Green Gables.
- E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- The Adventures of Robin Hood.
- Beauty and the Beast.
- The Black Stallion.
- Bringing Up Baby.
What is a good movie to teach kids about slavery?
- 12 Years a Slave: 1841-1843.
- The Underground Railroad: mid-1800s.
- A Woman Called Moses: 1849-the 1860s.
MORE POSTS FOR KIDS ABOUT BLACK HISTORY
MORE POSTS ABOUT BLACK HISTORY
- 7 Slavery Movies on Netflix for Black History Month
- 10 Best Black History Movies for Kids in the Classroom
- 20 Must Watch Black History Movies
- 25 Black History Movies on Netflix