Discuss the movie you watched with your kids and encourage them to fill out a Movie Review Lapbook.
Movies are fun to watch, for younger children and older children. They have interesting characters and have fascinating stories.
To go along with the stories and fun characters, many of the movies available to watch also have important educational lessons children can learn just by watching the movie.
You can use movies to keep the kids entertained while learning or present them as gifts for special occasions! How? Create a movie review lapbook.
What is a Lapbook?
A lap book, layer book, flap book, or shutter book is a type of single-subject book created by a student, generally as a supplement to a curriculum. A lap book generally consists of a paperboard folder such as a file folder with small pieces of folded paper glued inside.
Why Use a Lapbook?
They are great for recording all of the information your child has learned. Instead of taking notes in a traditional way, lapbooks provide a place for students to record the information they have learned in a more visually appealing and engaging manner.
Movie Review Lapbook
What’s included in this movie review lapbook?
4 page P D F file:
– Templates (2 pgs)
What you can record:
- Movie Review title for the lapbook
- Main character (image, name, description)
- Supporting characters (image, name, description)
- Movie title
- Run time
- What I liked
- Drawing of my favorite scene
- My favorite quote
- Would you recommend it?
Movie Review Lapbook Instructions
How to Prep Your Supplies:
- First, cut out all the shapes on the lines and fold on the dotted lines.
- Then glue all the shapes to your lapbook.
- Fold your lapbook on the dotted lines.
- Decorate the front of your lapbook.
- Enjoy filling out your lapbook.
How to Complete Your Lapbook:
- Cut out on the lines. Fold on the dotted line. Glue this side to your lapbook. Director
- Cut out on the lines. Fold on the dotted line. Glue this side to your lapbook. Genre
- Cut out on the lines. Fold on the dotted lines. Glue the back to your lapbook. Characters
- Cut out on the lines. Fold on the dotted line. Glue this side to your lapbook. Drawing of my favorite scene
- Cut out on the lines. Fold on the dotted lines. Glue this side to your lapbook. My favorite quote
- Movie Review: Decorate the front of your lapbook. Glue only half of the shape to the front, open your lapbook, and enjoy filling it out.