Plan a fun game for your Nightmare Before Christmas movie night or Halloween party with this Oogie Boogie Guessing Game.
Nightmare Before Christmas
Bored with the same old scare-and-scream routine, Pumpkin King Jack Skellington longs to spread the joy of Christmas. Pumpkin King Jack Skellington tries to take over Christmas. But his merry mission puts Santa in jeopardy and creates a nightmare for good little boys and girls everywhere!
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Chris Sarandon, Catherine O'Hara, William Hickey (Actors)
- Henry Selick (Director) - Caroline Thompson (Writer) - Tim Burton (Producer)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
Nightmare Before Christmas Characters
- Jack Skellington – The film’s protagonist is a skeleton who holds the title of The Pumpkin King
- Sally – Jack Skellington’s love interest.
- Oogie Boogie – the main antagonist that resembles a large burlap sack; when Oogie Boogie is defeated, it is revealed that he is filled with many bugs.
- Doctor Finklestein – (also known as Evil Scientist) is a resident of Halloween Town. He is the mad scientist and the “father” of Sally.
- Mayor of Halloween Town – depicted as a short, fat man, who has the appearance of giant candy corn with a cone-shaped head, wearing an impossibly tall top hat, a spider bolo tie, and a ribbon of office that says “Mayor” on it.
- Lock, Shock, and Barrel – Oogie Boogie’s “little henchmen”, being 6, 7, and 5 years old respectively
- Santa Claus
- Zero – Jack’s faithful ghost dog
Is Nightmare Before Christmas scary?
It’s rated PG, which stands for Parental Guidance suggested. Common Sense Media recommends this movie for age 7+. They describe it as “Tim Burton magic with just a touch of scariness.”
Is The Nightmare Before Christmas a Halloween or Christmas?
Pumpkin King Jack Skellington longs to spread the joy of Christmas. So, people watch it during both seasons.
Who is the scariest character in Nightmare Before Christmas?
Based on the name, you might think that Scary Teddy is the scariest character.
Nightmare Before Christmas Guessing Game Supplies
I’ve linked all of these items on Amazon, so you can buy them easily.
How to Set Up the Nightmare Before Christmas Guessing Game
Place the desired number of insects and spiders in a sack.
It’s easy to set up. Just print out the pages of this “The Nightmare Before Christmas Guessing Game” printable, display the sign, and print cards for guessing. All you need is a bag filled with treats!
How to Play the Nightmare Before Christmas Guessing Game
This printable includes two printable pdf pages.
Guess how many insects & spiders are in the sack. The person with the closest guess wins!
The child just marks their name and their guess.
“First, estimate the size of the jar,” instructs Brujic. “Then look to see if all the candies are the same size. If they are, take 64 percent of that volume and divide it by the size of the candy to get the total number that would randomly fit inside.