With warmer evenings returning, you may want to get together with family and friends for a movie night out in your backyard.
It can be an excellent way to change up the viewing experience while also allowing you to maintain safe social distancing.
Our tips for hosting an outdoor movie night will help you pull one off successfully.
Test Your Setup
Before the planned date for your movie night, test out your setup to work out all the bugs. You’ll need to figure out how you’ll wire things, which may require you to get some extension cords.
Hauling the television is probably impractical, so get a projector and a projector screen.
These are more portable and will allow you to have a large enough image that people can see even from the back.
Remember to think about where you’ll position speakers so that the audio is clear but not so loud that it’ll cause a neighborhood disturbance.
Provide Snacks Safely
Snacks are a must for most people when they’re watching movies, so one tip for hosting an outdoor movie night is to provide them.
Under normal circumstances, you would probably put out a table in the yard where people would serve themselves.
However, the COVID-19 pandemic has made this a less desirable option. Instead, pass out individually prepared snack portions to keep things as sanitary as possible.
Popcorn, chips, small baked goodies, or packaged foods can all work well.
Drinks should also be individual instead of communal, whether you pour them into cups shortly beforehand or provide canned or bottled beverages.
Make sure to have extra portions of your snacks and drinks ready just in case someone wants more.
Use a Tent
A rented tent is just right for giving your outdoor space structure as you set out your movie equipment and chairs.
With one, you can define the boundaries of where people stay and provide some shade if guests will be arriving while the sun’s still out.
A tent also makes it easy to put up temporary lights for some added ambiance or functional illumination. There are tents suited to small events that you can use as well.
Some, like frame tents, don’t require you to drive stakes into the ground, meaning you can place them on hard patios and avoid messing up your lawn with holes.
Look into what’s out there to pick the most appropriate one for your movie night vision.
People Also Ask:
How do you host a successful outdoor movie night?
- Movie Screen.
- Cozy Seating.
- Food and Snacks.
- Fun Decor.
- Movie Party Invitation.
- Movie Night Classics Invitation.
What do you need for an outdoor movie night?
- Comfy Chairs or Pillows.
- Cooler of Drinks.
- Extension Cords if needed.
How do you host the best movie night ever?
- Pick Your Movie Before Date Night.
- Theme What You Eat.
- Upgrade Your Basic Movie Popcorn.
- Don’t Forget the Candy!
- Go Big: Use a Projector for Movie Night At Home.
- Surround Yourself with Sound.
- Get as Cozy as Possible.
- Take Your Movie Night Outside.
- Tips To Set up a Backyard Movie Theater
- Movie Sleepover Party Ideas
- Tips for Setting Up the Perfect Movie Theater at Home
- Movie Night Checklist
- How to Make a Fun Family Movie Night
- How to Plan Family Movie Night
- Tips for Hosting an Outdoor Movie Night
- The Best Baseball Players Depicted in Movies - January 26, 2023
- How Young Filmmakers Can Make the Most of Thrift Stores - January 10, 2023
- Tips for Choosing the Best Projector To Show Movies - January 3, 2023