Sometimes, we don’t know what we’ll miss until it’s gone. We’ve all learned that the hard way as we continue our efforts to stop the pandemic. Movie theaters used to be such a treat, but, unfortunately, we’re currently unable to enjoy them as we once did.
Luckily, there are so many creative ways to create your own magical cinematic viewing experience within your own inner circle. With these tips to set up a backyard movie theater, you’ll be enjoying a life you thought was left in the before times.
Set up a Projector
Acquiring a projector can come in handy for more than just backyard movie night. There is an array of different projector types on the market ranging in price and quality.
Once you’ve decided which is best for your purposes, you’ll want to set up it on a stable surface where it is far enough away from the screen and won’t be blocked by the audience.
Source the Media
Once your projector is set up, you’ll need to decide on a video source. Is the movie being played from a DVD player, a laptop, a media streamer, or a Blu-ray player? That device will need to be powered, along with the projector, and hooked up to it as well.
- CONVENIENT TO STORAGE AND CARRY - Compact one-piece,lightweight and folding design. You can fold the screen in small size and put it in your backpack or suitcase
- WIDE APPLICATION - Ideal choice for home theater movie,office,education, conference room presentation, public display, outdoor movie and more
Install a Screen
The screen you choose will depend on how professional you want your home theater to be. You could use a white sheet and secure it to a fence, or you could purchase an outdoor projector screen.
You’ll want to account for weather conditions because, if it’s breezy, your movie and screen may be disrupted.
- EASY INFLATION-No pump required. Just whisk it through the air to inflate. The little trick is that you need to trap air by closing the sleeve opening before the end of each movement, and keep the mouth closed until you begin the next movement.
- UNIQUE PILLOW SHAPED HEADREST DESIGN- WEKAPO air lounger has patented pillow shaped headrest design that gives your upper back and neck comfortable support when you need relaxation most.
Set up Seating
Seating can be formal or informal. You’ll want to place the seating in a way that allows everyone to see the screen clearly without obstructing the projector’s view. Seating can range from lawn and patio furniture to picnic blankets or even a tent to keep pests away.
- SOUND: MEGABOOM features powerfully loud, clear, and immersive 360° sound with deep thundering bass you can feel. All carefully balanced so you can hear every note.Mounting Type: Tabletop
- MAGIC BUTTON: The all-new Magic Button on MEGABOOM 3 allows you to play, pause and skip tracks directly on the speaker. Just push for convenient control of any streaming music.
Set up Speakers
Speaker placement is key. If there are neighboring homes nearby, you’ll most likely want to place the speakers close enough to your party and far enough from neighboring lots to not disturb the neighborhood.
Whether you’re using wireless or plug-in speakers will also matter because you’ll need a power source, and most devices can only pair to one Bluetooth speaker at a time. Therefore, you’ll need the speakers to be big enough and strategically placed so everyone can hear properly.
- QUICK & EASY: With a quick flip of a switch, this air popper popcorn maker pops up to 12-cups of healthy, air-popped popcorn per batch - perfect for parties, large group gatherings or a family night in
- NOSTALGIA POPCORN KITS: All Nostalgia popcorn kits work perfect with this popcorn popper. (Theater hot air & kettle kit-kpk400, 4-ounce premium popcorn pack-kpp24, pcj30-soft shelled popping kernels, ppb600-reusable popcorn bowls)
Create a “Concessions” Area
What’s a movie theater without its concessions? Snacks and beverages are a must, and your guests can also indulge in warm food such as nachos, pretzels, and hot dogs.
Gather the necessary items to grill like a pro, set up a toppings bar for people to dress their food, and voila—you have an affordable smorgasbord of movie theater-style cuisine!
Using these tips to set up a backyard movie theater should have you on your way to an unforgettable night under the stars with your favorite people.
Just because this year has been a doozy in terms of what we are limited to socially, that doesn’t mean we can’t make our own fun at home.
More Home Movie Theater Tips:
- Top Reasons You Should Set Up A Home Movie Theater
- 4 Tips to Turn Your Living Room Into a Movie Theater
- 8 Ways to Spruce Up The Décor Of A Home Movie Theater
- The Best Movies to Watch in Your Home Theater
- The Best Baseball Players Depicted in Movies - January 26, 2023
- How Young Filmmakers Can Make the Most of Thrift Stores - January 10, 2023
- Tips for Choosing the Best Projector To Show Movies - January 3, 2023