With recent leaps and bounds in technology, moviemaking has never been easier. If you have someone in your life who’s always filming on their phone, encourage them to take their hobby to the next level with these ideas.
According to Story Envelope, the four stages of filmmaking are Pre-production, Production, Post-production, and Marketing/Distribution.
Check out the top holiday gifts for the budding filmmaker in your life and bring a smile to your favorite cinephile’s face.
More Tips for Budding Filmmakers:
- The Top Film Cinematographers You Should Know
- Tips for First-Year Film Students
- How to Hone Your Personal Filmmaking Style
- Different Ways Technology Is Used in Filmmaking
- What To Consider Before You Start Shooting a Film
- Top Uses of the iPad In Filmmaking
- Uses Dry-Erase Markers
- Engraved Text and Lines
It’s one of the most recognizable symbols of filmmaking—that clapper with the production name and scene written in. The clapping of that slate helps to sync audio in post-production, and the notes on the slate itself will keep scenes organized.
- 💡 【VIDEO CONFERENCE LIGHTING KIT】The lighting kit come with a mini desk tripod & 180° rotated phone holder, also has a 1/4 screw hole and a hot shoe adapter suitable for camera & camcorder. As a mini desk table fill light or backlight, it's perfect for video conferencing, video recording etc. You also can put your light on the cell phone holder to adjust the best lighting angle, make you looks best state while working or meeting.
- 💡 【BROADCAST LIGHTING KIT】The adjustability of 10-100% brightness and 2500-8500K color temperature support offers more choices when you broadcast/live stream/game zoom lighting etc. also features with OLED display for accurate reading and convenient adjustment in real time. You can custom the setting to make yourself look on your best and energetic state for the viewers, even if already worked for a long time or at night.
Before your budding auteur learns to set up elaborate lighting systems, help them start small. (Big word alert. What is an auteur? A filmmaker whose personal influence and artistic control over a movie are so great that the filmmaker is regarded as the author of the movie.)
A compact, easily portable LED lighting kit is an essential piece of filmmaking gear for beginners. Proper lighting will amp up the production value of their next movie or short video!
- 【Product Overview】CADeN D6 camera backpack dimensions: 11*5.9*15inches/28*14.9*38cm, Weight 1.74lb/0.79kg. This professional photography camera backpack fits men/women photographers, is lightweight and easy to carry.
- 【Large Capacity】CADeN D6 camera bag fits 1 camera bodies+4 lens+flash+ipad+tripod place+other accessories. Or for DJI drone storage.
As your favorite filmmaker builds their arsenal of equipment, they’ll need a place to keep it safe and secure. A cushioned camera bag will keep their most important gear from getting banged up in transit and will teach them the value of taking care of their possessions.
- [Upgraded iSteady 6.0 Anti-shake] Introduce the newly upgraded Hohem iSteady Mobile+ gimbal stabilizer. Thanks to this new stabilizer, no more blurry videos, the iSteady anti-shake technology allows you to shoot incredibly stable & smooth multi-scene shots. Meet a wide range of professional mirror movements. Shaky pictures or blurry videos are past tense thanks to the new 3-axis phone stabilizer. Ideal for daily travel recording, short video creation, or wedding and sports shooting, etc.
- [Hohem Joy App, Filming Has Never Been So Easy] Enjoy controlling your filming tool on your phone video stabilizer and iOS/Android app today! The newly upgraded Hohem Joy app, with the "Moment" video template, Inception, Fantastic Rotation, CloneMe, Panoramic Video, Timelapse and Dolly Zoom can be done with one click in the app, allowing you to truly experience the effect of one-click filming. Face/object tracking, beauty touch-up, and pan mode switching, all can be edited on your phone app.
We all carry tiny cameras in our pockets these days with the ubiquity of the smartphone. For the movie lover who shoots most of their videos on their phone, gift them a handheld stabilizer to keep that camera from shaking. Many handheld smartphone stabilizers use gimbal technology to ensure smoothness and steadiness in every shot.
Give your young director a master class with a few classic movies by accomplished directors. Peer into the Criterion Collection for examples of films like North by Northwest and In the Mood for Love to inspire creativity. The best directors learn from those who came before them!
This holiday season, treat the cinephile in your life to a few gifts that will encourage their love of the craft. (What is a cin·e·phile? A person who is fond of motion pictures.)
Your amateur auteur will appreciate your interest in their hobby and use those gifts for years to come. With these top holiday gifts for the budding filmmaker in your life, you’ll inspire your recipient to create art of their own.
If you enjoyed this list, I have a monthly membership for parents and educators that want to teach or supplement lessons with shows and movies.
“I absolutely love sharing movies with my kids as a way to teach them valuable lessons. It’s like this awesome bonding experience where we all snuggle up on the couch with some popcorn, and I get to see their little faces light up with curiosity. Whether it’s a classic with timeless morals or a new animated flick with hidden gems of wisdom, it’s a fantastic way to impart important life lessons in a fun and engaging way. Plus, the post-movie discussions are priceless – hearing their take on the characters and the story adds a whole new dimension to our family time.” –a Homeschooling parent
With Homeschooling with Shows and Movies membership, you will get resources every month, including:
- List of This Month’s Suggested Themes
- List of Monthly Observances
- List Of Movies for Unit Study
- Unit Study Resource
- Seasonal Activities (minimum of three)
- (BONUSES) Resources for you, the teacher
These resources are worth it if you’d like to easily incorporate shows and movies into your homeschooling.
Related Posts for the Cinephiles in Your Life:
- How to Give Streaming Gift Card vs Gift Subscription
- How to Give A Movie Theater Gift Card
- 15 Easy Movie Ticket Gift Basket Ideas
- Unique Gift Ideas for Movie Lovers
- How to Give a Netflix Gift Subscription
- 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Nicolas Cage - February 16, 2024
- 6 Things You May Not Know About The Sandlot - January 24, 2024
- Sound of Silence: Tips To Soundproof Your Home Theater - January 12, 2024