Every state is known for something. As you work your way through the list, don't miss the best books set in North Carolina.
North Carolina is a state in the Southern United States. The state is the 28th largest and 9th-most populous of the United States. It is bordered by Virginia to the north, the Atlantic Ocean to the east, Georgia and South Carolina to the south, and Tennessee to the west.
Best Books Set in North Carolina
- Owens, Delia (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
Where the Crawdads Sing
Author: Delia Owens
Where the Crawdads Sing is at once an exquisite ode to the natural world, a heartbreaking coming-of-age story, and a surprising tale of possible murder. Owens reminds us that we are forever shaped by the children we once were and that we are all subject to the beautiful and violent secrets that nature keeps.
For years, rumors of the “Marsh Girl” have haunted Barkley Cove, a quiet town on the North Carolina coast. So in late 1969, when handsome Chase Andrews is found dead, the locals immediately suspect Kya Clark, the so-called Marsh Girl. But Kya is not what they say. Sensitive and intelligent, she has survived for years alone in the marsh that she calls home, finding friends in the gulls and lessons in the sand. Then the time comes when she yearns to be touched and loved.
Look Homeward, Angel
Author: Thomas Wolfe
Look Homeward, Angel is an elaborate and moving coming-of-age story about Eugene Gant, a restless and energetic character whose passion to experience life takes him from his small, rural hometown in North Carolina to Harvard University and the city of Boston. The novel's pattern is artfully simple — a small town, a large family, high school, and college — yet the characters are monumental in their graphic individuality and personality.
Through his rich, ornate prose, Wolfe evokes the extraordinarily vivid family of the Gants, and with equal detail, the remarkable peculiarities of small-town life and the pain and upheaval of a boy who must leave both. A classic work of American literature, Look Homeward, Angel is a passionate, stirring, and unforgettable novel.
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box.
- Sparks, Nicholas (Author)
Author: Nicholas Sparks
Experience the unforgettable, heartbreaking love story set in post-World War II North Carolina about a young socialite and the boy who once stole her heart — one of PBS's “Great American Reads”.
Every so often a love story so captures our hearts that it becomes more than a story — it becomes an experience to remember forever. The Notebook is such a book. It is a celebration of how passion can be ageless and timeless, a tale that moves us to laughter and tears and makes us believe in true love all over again.
- Frazier, Charles (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
Author: Charles Frazier
An instant, international bestseller, Charles Frazier's debut novel Love and Peril at the End of the Civil War was a publishing sensation, the inspiration for an Oscar-nominated blockbuster starring Nicole Kidman and Jude Law, and the subject of an acclaimed opera. Over 20 years later, it stands as an essential, modern classic.
Charles Frazier’s debut novel Cold Mountain made publishing history in 1997 when it stood at the top of the New York Times best-seller list for sixty-one weeks, won numerous literary awards, including the National Book Award, and went on to sell over three million copies.
The Last American Man
Author: Elizabeth Gilbert
From the New York Times bestselling author of Eat Pray Love, Big Magic and City of Girls comes a riveting exploration of manhood and all its complicated meanings through the portrait of an American Mountain Man.
In this rousing examination of contemporary American male identity, acclaimed author and journalist Elizabeth Gilbert explores the fascinating true story of Eustace Conway.
In 1977, at the age of seventeen, Conway left his family's comfortable suburban home to move to the Appalachian Mountains. For more than two decades he has lived there, making fire with sticks, wearing skins from animals he has trapped, and trying to convince Americans to give up their materialistic lifestyles and return with him back to nature.
To Gilbert, Conway's mythical character challenges all our assumptions about what it is to be a modern man in America; he is a symbol of much we feel how our men should be, but rarely are.
Now that you've completed the list of best books set in this state, why not check out some others? Here are the Best Books Set in All 50 States.
DOWNLOAD AND PRINT BOOKS SET IN ALL 50 STATES
Click here to download the printable. It has a list of books in all 50 states including the Best Books Set in North Carolina.
- Nicholas Sparks Movies List
- All the Nicholas Sparks Movies on Netflix
- All the Nicholas Sparks Movies on Amazon Prime
- The Best Movies Set in the Outer Banks, NC
- Listen to these 44 Books that Became Movies
- 11 Awesome Books That Became Movies
- 22 Banned Books You Can Watch as Movies
- 20 Books to Read Aloud and Watch the Movie
Further Reading About the State:
- The Great Book of North Carolina: The Crazy History of North Carolina with Amazing Random Facts & Trivia (A Trivia Nerds Guide to the History of the United States)
- Moon North Carolina: With Great Smoky Mountains National Park: Blue Ridge Parkway, Coastal Getaways, Craft Beer & BBQ (Travel Guide)
- North Carolina State (NC EOG) Test Prep : 8th Grade Math : Weekly Practice Work Book 1 Volume 1: Multiple Choice and Free Response | 1800+ Practice ... ( NCEOG ) State Test Prep by Math-Knots)
- North Carolina Birds Watching Book: A Bird Watching & Tracking Journal Log Of All Species, North Carolina Birding Identification For Beginners, Kids and Adults (Birders Gift Ideas)
- Lessons from North Carolina: Race, Religion, Tribe, and the Future of America