Every state is known for something. As you work your way through the list, don’t miss the best movies set in Nevada. While you’re at it, check the Best Books Set in Nevada, too.
Nevada is a state in the Western region of the United States. It is bordered by Oregon to the northwest, Idaho to the northeast, California to the west, Arizona to the southeast, and Utah to the east. Nevada is the 7th-most extensive, the 32nd-most populous, and the 9th-least densely populated of the U.S. states.
What themes are in Movies Set in Nevada?
Movies set in Nevada often explore themes like the allure of Las Vegas and the world of gambling, with glitzy casinos and the high-stakes lifestyle as a backdrop. They frequently delve into the contrast between the glamorous Strip and the rugged, arid landscapes outside the city, highlighting the state’s dual nature.
Additionally, crime and the mafia’s influence are recurring themes, as are stories of individuals seeking a fresh start or trying to strike it rich in the Silver State’s unforgiving deserts.
How to create a unit study for Nevada
Creating a unit study for Nevada is a fun and educational way to explore the state’s unique history, geography, culture, and more. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to create a comprehensive unit study:
- Set Learning Objectives:
- Determine the grade level or age group of the students and establish clear learning objectives. What do you want them to know about Nevada?
- Choose Specific Topics:
- Select specific topics and subjects related to Nevada that you want to cover. These can include the state’s geography, history, native tribes, natural landmarks, the gaming industry, and more.
- Gather Resources:
- Collect books, documentaries, websites, and other materials that provide information about Nevada. Utilize both print and online resources for a well-rounded view.
- Create Lesson Plans:
- Develop individual lesson plans or activities for each selected topic. Include a mix of reading assignments, hands-on activities, and discussions.
- For instance, you could have lessons on the history of Las Vegas, a science experiment about the unique desert ecology, and a cultural exploration of Native American tribes in the region.
- Field Trips and Hands-On Activities:
- If possible, plan field trips to local museums, historical sites, or natural landmarks in Nevada. Incorporate hands-on experiences to make learning more engaging.
- Determine how you’ll assess student learning. This can include quizzes, projects, presentations, or research papers.
- Use rubrics or grading criteria for consistent evaluation.
- Guest Speakers and Experts:
- If feasible, invite guest speakers or experts from Nevada to share their knowledge and experiences with the students. Real-life insights can enrich the learning experience.
- Culminating Activity:
- Plan a culminating project or activity to wrap up the unit study. It could be a final presentation, a class discussion, or a creative project such as creating a Nevada-themed magazine.
- Reflection and Adjustment:
- After the unit study, reflect on what worked well and what could be improved. Use this feedback to refine the curriculum for future use.
- Sharing and Celebration:
- Encourage students to share what they’ve learned with their peers or family members. Consider a class showcase or presentation to celebrate their accomplishments.
Best Movies Set in Nevada
Kevin Bacon and Fred Ward are in a fight for their lives when they discover that their desolate town has been infested with gigantic man-eating creatures that live below the ground!
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Clark Gable, Montgomery Clift, Marilyn Monroe (Actors)
Clark Gable and Marilyn Monroe — in their last screen roles — star with Montgomery Clift in this piercing drama about contrasting attitudes and lifestyles set against the brawling backdrop of a Reno rodeo.
Two Inuit communities in the circumpolar Arctic, linked by lineage to a legendary shaman, navigate through the greatest social and environmental challenges in their history.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Whoopi Goldberg, Harvey Keitel, Maggie Smith (Actors)
Whoopi is a singer forced to hide out from the mob in a convent.
Take an insane road trip with two sci-fi geeks and a smart-ass alien (voiced by Seth Rogen) in the Unrated version of Paul, the outrageous comedy adventure from the director of Superbad.
Now that you’ve completed the list of best books set in this state, why not check out some others? Here are the Best Movies Set in All 50 States.
DOWNLOAD AND PRINT MOVIES SET IN ALL 50 STATES
Click here to download this printable. It has a list of movies in all 50 states, including the Best Movies Set in Nevada.
Further Reading About the State:
- Nevada: A History of the Silver State (Shepperson Series in Nevada History)
- GREATER THAN A TOURIST- NEVADA USA: 50 Travel Tips from a Local (Greater Than a Tourist United States)
- Nevada (A True Book: My United States) (A True Book (Relaunch))
- Nevada Bucket List Adventure Guide: Explore 100 Offbeat Destinations You Must Visit!
- Roadside Geology of Nevada (Roadside Geology Series)
- Best Books Set in Nevada
- The Best 4th of July Movies to Watch
- A Full List of All of the Indiana Jones Movies
- Best Movies Set in California
- 15+ Documentaries About Women
- Listen to these 44 Books that Became Movies
- 11 Awesome Books That Became Movies
- 22 Banned Books You Can Watch as Movies
- 20 Books to Read Aloud and Watch the Movie