Modern Innovations in the Film IndustryHollywood is changing. Long gone are the days of only major studios pushing out cinema-length films—now, even independent directors have a full scope of technology at their fingertips. Our phones are turning from point-and-shoot cameras into 360-degree experiential recording devices. And innovative people are figuring out how to push the film industry forward in ways that some have only described as pure science fiction.
Read below about these modern innovations in the film industry that will have you saying, “Wow!”
5 Modern Innovations in the Film Industry
Phone Film Equipment
The average person’s ability to film and upload their videos has already dramatically changed the landscape for anyone trying to create their own projects. Now, advancements and equipment have leveled the playing field.
Phone-users can get the same high production-value feel you’d usually only get with expensive video equipment. It’s hard to imagine shooting a full-length feature film on a phone, but it has already happened.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Alla Tumanian, Mya Taylor, Karren Karagulian (Actors)
- Sean Baker (Director) - Sean Baker (Writer) - Darren Dean (Producer)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
RELATED: How To Upload a Video To YouTube
Creative editing and the skillful application of technology have made post-mortem performances possible many times before (such as Tupac Shakur’s appearance at Coachella 2012).
That said, the ability to re-create faces, bodies, and even dialogue is dramatically improving. Digital effects have progressed to the point where it’s possible to create a stunning likeness of almost anyone.
While current 3D technology allows for a more immersive, exciting film experience, virtual reality is poised to become film’s future. It’s possible to create a finished product that utilizes a full 360-degree recording to watch movies the same way we view the natural world.
At this point, not every viewer can tolerate a virtual reality environment for the length of a cinema film, so more conventional cameras are not in jeopardy of becoming obsolete just yet.
- Next-level Hardware - Make every move count with a blazing-fast processor and our highest-resolution display
- All-In-One Gaming - With backward compatibility, you can explore new titles and old favorites in the expansive Quest content library
- Immersive Entertainment - Get the best seat in the house to live concerts, groundbreaking films, exclusive events and more
- Quest 2 requires your Facebook account to log in, making it easy to meet up with friends in VR and discover communities around the world
- Easy Setup - Just open the box, set up with the smartphone app and jump into VR. No PC or console needed. Requires wireless internet access and the Oculus app (free download) to set up device
Drones are excellent at capturing shots that would be difficult, if not impossible, for a regular cameraperson to capture. Now, imagine the versatility of a drone combined with an algorithm to autonomously avoid obstructions and employ different filming techniques.
Not only will drones be able to go where regular cameras can’t, but they’ll also know the framing of aerial shots with little input necessary from the ground.
- ✈USER-FRIENDLY✈ SNAPTAIN S5C drone is user-friendly. Simply press one button, it will take off, land or return to your command. Smart voice control, headless mode, and the fascinating 360° Flips & Rolls come handy even for the drone newbies.
- ✈Farther & Clearer✈ The SNAPTAIN S5C provides video transmission within a range of up to 80m. Edit and upload instantly your videos on Social Media by iPhone or a 1080P video transmission signal up to a scale of 80m, allowing you to fly farther. Edit HD footage and directly upload it to social media from your iPhone or iPad. The video clips are automatically saved to the Micro SD card.
- ✈POWERFUL & SAFE✈ Protective Propeller Guards to ensure a safe flight. High quality ABS material to free your worries of a sudden shock or drop. Best choice with enough fun for beginners.
- ✈STEADY & TRACKABLE✈ Altitude-Hold function ensures a steady hover in the air at a certain altitude. Great aerial pictures and videos are feasible thanks to this function. Trajectory Flight function is the newest technology that by drawing a flight course on the touch screen on your smartphone, the drone will fly accordingly. Pure fun awaits.
- ✈GRAVITY CONTROL✈ A built-in G-sensor is designed to allow controlling the drone by adjusting the vertical and horizontal position of your smartphone via the Snaptain Era App downloadable on iOS and Android App market.
Motion graphic design predates the modern technology filmmakers use today, but it’s currently being refined into a fine art form. It’s incredible, with endless opportunities due to the universal availability of software programs like After Effects and Cinema 4D.
Motion graphics has attracted a tremendous number of creative people. It’s an excellent arena to showcase one’s creative skills.
- Existing subscribers must first complete current membership term before linking new subscription term
- There’s nothing you can’t create with After Effects - Animators, designers, and compositors use After Effects to create motion graphics and visual effects for film, TV, video, and the web.
- Roll credits. Spin words. Twirl titles - Create animated titles, credits, and lower thirds. Start from scratch or with one of the animation presets available right inside the app. From spin to swipe to slide — there are countless ways to make your text move with After Effects.
- Explosive effects. Mind-blowing results - Combine videos and images to send a UFO across the sky, blur out a logo, or create an explosion — the possibilities are endless. And there are hundreds of effects to get just the look you want, from adding fog to changing colors to making it snow.
- Get animated - Set anything in motion—from logos to shapes to cartoons—with keyframes or expressions. Or use presets to kick-off your designs and get unique results.
The future of cinema is going to be unlike anything you’ve seen before. The technologies coming on board will look futuristic—science fiction compared to the movies of yesteryear—due to these modern innovations in the film industry.
That chances are good that you won’t even notice the bulk of the groundbreaking graphic technology in the next film you see. So go see a movie today, and check out those cutting-edge graphics!