These Christmas Movies for Kids are part of a great list of Christmas movies to watch during Winter break, Christmas Eve, or Christmas day.
Watching Christmas movies is one of my family’s favorite pastimes during the holiday season. We start listening to Christmas music often before Thanksgiving. I enjoy the season so much that I want to get a full 30 days’ worth of enjoyment.
Now that I have my own family, I am making it part of our family Christmas traditions, too.
Top 50 Christmas Movies for Kids
- A Charlie Brown Christmas – Whether you are seeing this holiday masterpiece for the first time or the first time in years, you have doubtless heard of that ol’ blockhead Charlie Brown and the little tree that could.
- A Christmas Carol – When three ghosts take penny-pinching Scrooge on an eye-opening journey, he discovers the true meaning of Christmas — but he must act on it before it’s too late.
- A Christmas Story – In this holiday classic, Ralphie, a young boy growing up in the ’40s, dreams of owning a Red Rider BB gun. He sets out to convince the world this is the perfect gift.
- A Christmas Tale – Screen legend Catherine Deneuve gathers her warring family for a Christmas reunion marked by bitter feuds and the revelation of long-standing secrets.
- Arthur Christmas – Santa’s clumsy son Arthur sets out on a mission with St. Nick’s father to give out a present they misplaced to a young girl in less than 2 hours.
- Arthur’s Perfect Christmas – Everyone’s favorite aardvark gives kids a new spin on seasonal traditions in his first one-hour prime time special, showing children many ways to celebrate “the holidays.”
- Babes in Toyland – A young girl wakes up in the realm of Toyland, where she teams up with her family and friends to overthrow the evil villain named, Barnaby.
- Christmas With the Kranks – When Luther Krank and his wife opt to skip Christmas — no tree and no rooftop Frosty — can they handle the fallout from their family and neighbors?
- Deck the Halls – Detective Regan Reilly and cleaning-woman-turned-private-eye Alvirah Meehan, investigate the kidnapping of Regan’s father and a young female driver just before the holidays.
- Elf – One Christmas Eve a long time ago, a baby crawled into Santa’s bag of toys Raised as an elf. Buddy goes looking for his true place in the world–in New York City.
- Elmo’s Christmas Countdown Stiller the Elf is telling Stan the snowball how Christmas was almost ruined. He recounts how he visited Sesame Street because he believed Oscar the Grouch would start the official countdown to Christmas.
- Ernest Saves Christmas Santa Claus is looking for his successor, and hapless taxi driver Ernest P. Worrell is just the man to help him out.
- Four Christmases – A dating couple is forced to spend their first Christmas together visiting each of their four divorced parents — in a single day.
- Frozen – When Queen Elsa’s icy powers plunge the kingdom of Arendelle into a deep freeze, her intrepid sister, Anna, vows to find her and repair the damage.
- Holiday Inn Bing Crosby croons to the tune of the Oscar-winning “White Christmas” in Irving Berlin’s love triangle romantic comedy.
- Home Alone – When little Kevin McCallister is accidentally left behind when his family dashes off on a Christmas trip, he is left to defend his family’s home from two bumbling burglars until the relatives return.
- Home Alone 2 – Kevin McCallister is “home alone” in New York City, but he won’t be alone for long because the notorious Wet Bandits, Harry and Marv, are also in the Big Apple.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas – In this classic Christmas movie, Jim Carrey plays Dr. Seuss’ character The Grinch.
- I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown – The movie centers on ReRun, the lovable but ever-skeptical younger brother of Linus and Lucy.
- Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas Special-When Sid accidentally ruins one of Manny’s Christmas traditions, he’s told that he will now be on Santa’s naughty list. To plead his case directly to Santa Claus himself, Sid heads to the North Pole with Crash, Eddie, and Peaches in tow.
- It’s a Very Merry Muppet Christmas-Join Kermit the Frog, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Miss Piggy, and the entire Muppet gang in a heartwarming holiday classic that will bring joy to the world every Christmas season!
- Jingle All the Way-It’s a slapstick race against time! A beleaguered dad finds himself moving from store to store on Christmas Eve, frantically searching for the final presentation on his holiday gift list!
- Love Actually-This classic holiday romantic comedy interweaves the stories of nine contemporary Londoners, from the handsome bachelor Prime Minister who falls for a junior staffer to a schoolboy with a crush, as they wrestle with love.
- Merry Madagascar-Santa and his reindeer crash on the island of Madagascar, and Alex, Marty, Gloria, Melman, and the penguins must save Christmas.
- Mickey’s Christmas Carol-Enjoy a Disney Christmas classic and five more holiday-themed shorts.
- Miracle on 34th Street-Six-year-old Susan Walker has doubts about childhood’s most enduring miracle…Santa Claus; then Susan meets Kriss Kringle, a department store Santa who believes he’s the genuine article.
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation-A family’s Christmas plans go wrong.
- Prep & Landing-Santa’s stealthiest elves are enlisted by Mrs. Claus to retrieve a mysterious item hidden the office of Santa Claus.
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer-Have a holly jolly Christmas with the most famous reindeer of all in the original holiday special, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer!
- Santa Buddies-The buddies are off on a jolly new adventure when Puppy Paws, pup of the legendary Santa Paws, and his friends travel to the North Pole to save Christmas from disaster.
- Santa Claus: The Movie – Claus, a woodsman, and his wife Anya give beautiful presents to the children in the area each year. This is the origin of the wonderful legend of Father Christmas, or Santa Claus, as the English call him.
- Santa Paws 2: The Santa Pups-A magical and heartwarming Disney movie, perfect for the whole family.
- Scrooged-Frank Cross is a mean TV executive with the perfect qualities of a modern-day Scrooge. Before the night is over, he’ll be visited by three ghosts from the past, present, and future.
- The 12 Dogs of Christmas-A widowed and out of work father reluctantly sends his daughter to stay with her aunt in a town that has outlawed dogs.
- The Christmas Lodge -During a weekend trip to the mountains, Mary finds herself at the now run-down lodge where she spent the holidays with her family growing up.
- The Dog Who Saved Christmas-The Bannister family’s newly adopted and crafty canine, Zeus (voiced by Mario Lopez) saves its home from two bumbling thieves while the family is away at Christmas.
- The Grinch-The Grinch tells the story of a cynical grump who goes on a mission to steal Christmas, only to have his heart changed by a young girl’s generous holiday spirit.
- The Holiday-From writer/director Nancy Meyers comes to a romantic comedy about two women on opposite sides of the globe who swap houses only to discover that a change of address can change their lives.
- The Little Drummer Boy-Frustrated with the world, a lonely orphan traveling through the desert finds himself witnessing the birth of baby Jesus.
- The Muppet Christmas Carol-The Muppet’s rendition of Charles Dickens’s classic tale puts a unique twist on a favorite holiday story.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas-Bored with the same old scare-and-scream routine, Pumpkin King Jack Skellington longs to spread the joy of Christmas.
- The Polar Express – An inspiring adventure based on the beloved children’s book by Chris Van Allsburg. When a doubting young boy takes an extraordinary train ride to the North Pole, he embarks on a journey of self-discovery that shows him that the wonder of life never fades for those who believe.
- The Santa Clause -On Christmas Eve, divorced dad Scott Calvin and his son discover Santa Claus has fallen off their roof. When Scott takes the reins of the magical sleigh, he finds he is now the new Santa and must convince a world of disbelievers, including himself.
- The Santa Clause 2-In this heartwarming holiday sequel, a man who has been Santa for eight years is a huge success. But if he doesn’t get married by Christmas Eve – only one month away – he’ll stop being Santa forever.
- The Santa Clause 3-Scott Calvin invites his in-laws to the festivities. But the holidays take a chaotic turn when Jack Frost puts the big freeze on Christmas! Now, unless Scott can get his job back, it’s going to be a very glacial “Frostmas” all around the world!
- The Search for Santa Paws-Take a fantastic journey with your beloved Buddy friends to the magical world of the North Pole!
- The Snowman– Based on Raymond Briggs’ book, The Snowman is a family classic for generations to enjoy.
- The Snowman & The Snow Dog-A much-anticipated sequel to the enchanted animation of Raymond Briggs’ Christmas classic, The Snowman. And this time he’s got a new friend.
- The Year Without a Santa Claus-At the North Pole, the Christmas rush is on. Everyone from elves to reindeer is merrily preparing for Santa Claus’s yearly sleigh ride.
- White Christmas-Two talented son-and-dance men (Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye) team up after the war to become one of the hottest acts in show business.
Download this list of Christmas Movies on Netflix.
IF YOU LIKE THESE CHRISTMAS MOVIES FOR KIDS, CHECK OUT:
- 40 Christmas Movies for Kids on Netflix
- 5 Best Christmas Dog Movies on Netflix
- The Best Movies to Watch on Christmas Eve
- 31+ Cheerful Disney Plus Christmas Movies
- Ultimate List of Christmas Movies
What are your favorite Christmas Movies for Kids?
- Beyond Reality: Fantasy Christmas Movies for the Imagination - November 30, 2023
- New on Max – December - November 29, 2023
- Laughing All the Way: Our Favorite Comedy Christmas Movies - November 29, 2023