Today’s biggest stars are more likely to wear superhero helmets onscreen than proper hats, but you can still identify some of the most iconic characters of the cinema by their headgear. Any movie buff can identify the hats in the movies that are still famous today—and arguably, they’re even more recognizable than the actors who wore them.
It’s rare to see hats in more recent films, but they haven’t disappeared. In 2019’s The Gentlemen, Colin Farrell managed to be the star of an A-list ensemble by topping off his plaid tracksuit with a brown fedora.
In Hamilton, Lin-Manuel Miranda chose costumes with symbolic resonance: George Washington’s tricorn hat made him look even taller and more authoritative; King George looked uncomfortable—and a little crazy—under the weight of his formal crown; Hercules Mulligan’s anachronistic beanie signaled that the musical’s message is still relevant in our era.
Related: Disney Trivia: Hamilton
Which ones will join this list of famous hats? It depends on who gets to tell the story.
- Short Brim Fedora - Classy multi-colored fedora comes with teardrop crease, narrow brim, & short crown. Fedora hats Circumferences: 22.7" Fedora Height: 4.25",Fedora Front Brim(the longest brim): 1.7" ,The shortest brim: 1.16"
- Perfect accent - The quintessential dress hat, having been a staple in the wardrobe of the dapper man for centuries, fedoras are undeniably eye-catching and can be a perfect accent to almost any outfit, formal or casual
- Fedora Hat perfect for Men & Women - These cotton blend fedoras are suitable for both men & women
- Classic Fedora - Recreate or just tip a hat to the past with our classic, timeless fedora
- Widely Used - Brilliant for special occasions and formal affairs like derbies, weddings, proms, dance, plays, musicals and theatre performances
Jake and Elwood’s Fedoras (The Blues Brothers)
If they were meant to make the protagonists look like gentlemen—or, for that matter, brothers—these hats failed. But they succeeded as motifs for the team’s unique brand of chaotic cool.
- Great for local teams.
- Great for School Teams
- Great for Little legaue, tee-ball leagues
- Great for Softball and Hardball Leagues
- Great for all fans
Doughboy’s Detroit Tigers Cap (Boyz n the Hood)
Hip-hop fashion heavily influenced this film’s costuming, and Ice Cube’s on-trend character was never without his Detroit Tigers baseball cap. In real life, Ice Cube prefers the Raiders or the White Sox.
Crocodile Dundee’s Akubra (Crocodile Dundee)
Australia’s Paul Hogan may be forgotten, but his hat won’t be. Crafted by the Akubra company, the hat shielded Dundee from the Outback sun in style. The crocodile band led to demand for exotic-skinned hats in all textures and colors.
- STYLE： Fur hat in a Classic Russian style – so-called Cossack -for women and girls
- MATERIAL: Made of Highest Faux fur imitating the fur of fox, which fur is long and soft. Lined inside with warm cotton fleece that is nice to the touch. No animal has been hurt in the process.
- COLOR AND SIZE: this winter hat is available in many interesting colors（now about 19 colors.) Hat available in two sizes: M - for a head with the circumference of circa 22.05 inch (56 cm), L - 23.22 inch (59 cm). It has an ELASTIC in side to fit your better. If you are not sure which size to choose, L size almost fits every one. 5" in depth.
- PURPOSE: fur hat for cold autumn days and for winter. It is designed for both young girls and elderly ladies. Effectively protects against frost, warm Cossack Russian style hat use for cold sport games, snowing weather and casual daily dress up . Very warm to against cold winter. Great Christmas gift idea for anyone you love.
- CARE:1, Due to shipping squeeze, Please shake it to make it fluffy when you receive the item, you also could blow it with your hair dryer. 2, Hand wash only
Dr. Zhivago’s Cossack (Dr. Zhivago)
Omar Sharif’s lovesick character may have felt hot passion for the forbidden Lara, but some critics just recall the classic as “four hours of fur hat.”
- Classic Black Derby Hat; One Sioze Fits Adults & Children
- Great for School Plays, Costumes, Dress Up, and Everyday Wear
- All Kangaroo Hats are Factory Sealed in Polybag
- Bowler Hat Fits Older Kids, Teens & Adults
- Great Mime Hat, Derby Hat, Steampunk Hat, Charlie Chaplin Hat or Bowler Hat
Alex’s Bowler (A Clockwork Orange)
Malcolm McDowell’s portrayal of a sadistic thug gave bowler hats a lot of free publicity—just not the kind that would make anyone want to wear one.
- WOOL CONSTRUCTION - Made from durable crushable wool construction to give you that classic outback fashion and long-lasting wear.
- WATER REPELLENT - Can withstand unexpected rains. You'll feel secure that this hat won't wear down even when it gets wet.
- FASHIONABLE FEDORA LOOK – Dress hat featuring a pinch front crease hat crown with a 3-inch brim and fashionable, classic grosgrain matching ribbon hatband.
- PERFECT AS GIFT - Make someone's day complete by wrapping this hat up as a gift for birthdays, Indiana Jones Costume, Christmas, New Year, or other special occasions!
- CRUSHABLE – Fold it, scrunch it, sit on it, stuff it into your coat pocket! When you need your hat, just shake it back into its original shape.
Indiana Jones’s Fedora (The Indiana Jones franchise)
Of all the hats in the movies that are still famous today, this one is the sharpest. The Indiana Jones franchise, which remains at the top of the Netflix charts, has gifted men with a Halloween costume that still allows them to hold onto their dignity.
People Also Ask:
What is the most iconic hat?
- Indiana Jones’ Famous Fedora Hat. …
- Walter White’s Pork Pie Hat. …
- Peaky Blinders Newsboy Caps (Shelby Hats) …
- John T. …
- Doughboy’s Cap.
Who is famous for wearing a hat?
President Abraham Lincoln, Duke Ellington, Josephine Baker, and Slash are among famous celebrities that donned top hats. For generations, this 18th-century period hat has supplanted the tricorn hat in complementing beautiful and historical attire.
- Movie Characters Who Use a Walking Cane
- The Four Most Iconic Movie Cars of All-Time
- The Weirdest Cars in Movie History
- Most Famous Cars From Movies Everyone Should Know
- Cars Owned By Your Favorite Actors
- 4 of the Greatest Car Chases in Movie History